View European Travel Tips in a larger map

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Wind Solar Hydro Power

Its not just giant factories, dams, wind and solar farms that produce electricity.  It seems like they are producing electricity everywhere in Europe.  I was amazed at the wind farms I saw in Spain.
Flying out of NW Spain,...I stopped counting at 155 windmills.  Who knows how many more are behind the clouds?
What really amazes me is how much power people produce on their personal property.  The house I rent has solar panels on it and I believe my landlord makes about $150 per month off of it.  I've heard that tax incentives promote home solar energy.  Banks give loans for this kind of project
One of the many homes like this.
I believe farmers must get a bigger break, because the barns over here are covered with solar panels.
Is this a farm or a power plant?
It's common to see the windmills along the highway.

A common sight in Europe.  Wind energy
I noticed this little hyrdo elecric generator on this river. 
A small hydro0electric plant on a small river in Bavaria.  The sign explains how it works.


No comments:

Post a Comment