View European Travel Tips in a larger map

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Really Small Cars

A MINI is big compared to these cars.

Fiat 500

A VW Golf  is BIG.  The next size down is the VW Polo.
 
The Polo is basically a smaller Golf

 
Blue VW Lupo.   Beep beep! 
That is a little Mercedes A Class on the right.
 If a Polo is not small enough for you, then check out the Lupo.

 They put little diesel engines in these cars that get 50-60 MPG.  Which is important when gas is $7 per gallon and the parking spots are small.  I'd love to see someone try to park a Chevy Suburban downtown.

Here is one you never heard of....the Ford Ka..  Yes.  That is right...Ford, and it is tiny.  My wife and I say that it is so small you can't fit the "R'" on the end. Or maybe somebody from New Jersey named it a Ka.

The Ford Fiesta is a car that Ford is just now introducing in the states.  The Fiesta has been in Europe for at least a decade or two.  Back in 1998 I was driving down the Autobahn at 90 MPH.  I looked to my left and a little red rusty Fiesta flew past me doing about 105 MPH. 

Smart Car.  The wheels are small too!

The smallest of the small is the Smart Car.  The Smart Car is so short that it can be parked sideways in a parallel parking spot.  Its basically an enclosed motorcycle with 4 wheels and 2 seats.  I velieve they are made in Switzerland.  There are a lot of them in Europe.

The French make small cars too.

Renault "Something or other"


These little cars are interesting.  They are nice for getting around town.  Since they don't have much trunk space, I've seen a lot of people that use roof racks for their luggage.

Beep Beep!

No comments:

Post a Comment